Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Majors in Agriculture

First of all, I have to clarify that my career is agriculture, no forestry. So you probably don’t know very much about majors of agriculture. There are six: economy, plant pathology, animal production, agricultural production (that contemplates the production of fruit and vegetables), agribusiness and enology; and my actually major, engineering and soil. This area is very important, because includes all other. The soil is a running out resource. It needs thousands of years to development an effective soil and people are degrading very fast and without control. I like this area because teach about conservation of soil and its sustainable use unlike other majors like agricultural production (only the part of fruits), where the most important thing is to export and earn a lot of money. I think that the major that haves better chances in Chile is agribusiness and enology, but maybe this change very fast. In the last years Enology always have a lot of students so there are many people that are performing in the wine area. But soil also haves really good opportunities. Like I said, includes all other.

2 comments:

  1. I like a lot the soil, last year in Forestry I had a subject called Edaphology, and I'd like work in something associated with soil and its organisms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my second opcion was agronomy :)
    I think Enology is veryyyy excited!!Specially if you like drink ;)
    jajaja

    ReplyDelete